Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The "Magic" of Christmas

The "Magic" of Christmas


 What comes to your mind when I say "the magic of Christmas"? Is it Santa? I would guess that for many people that is it. What would you say if I said we don't do Santa in our house?  Do you think we are depriving our kids?  Well we don't do Santa. We have told our children Santa is not a real person living today. We tell them how the person who Santa is based off of was a real person that lived a long time ago. We also tell them how he was a believer in Christ.  I wonder if anyone thinks "Wow your kids must not get to have an imagination". But they do. They have great imaginations! We still let them play make believe and tell them it's fun to imagine. Can they play Santa or watch Santa movies? Sure.

I think of other things when I think about the magic of Christmas. First off, the word it's self says it. CHRIST! I think about all the miracles he performed. How his birth was a miracle. How he lived and died for us. Even though we focus on Christ all year long this gets to be a special time because it is his birthday. The day or time our savior was born just like every other man on earth. He didn't come in a fancy palace with tons of nice stuff to rich rulers. No, he was born to two poor people in a stable surrounded by animals. Just the serenity of that scene puts peace in my heart.  I would love to hear all the details of Mary's birth story. There were no doctors, no nurses. The bible doesn't mention anyone else being there.  That is magic to me. God was there watching over everything. He was born perfect. And not just the way we say "she's perfect" when we see a first picture of a new baby.  He really was perfect! Sinless! Joseph and Mary got to hold God incarnate! I just think about how that must have felt. You know the feeling when you first became a parent I image it was like that magnified by 100 especially having angles there singing. WOW! I don't want anything for Christmas anymore I already got what I needed: salvation.


Now the other things that don't even seem like much to mention now after I wrote about Christ.


 Lights. Christmas Lights that is. The twinkle they make in the darkness and wow, you can enjoy them from the warmth of your car! As a kid it was a tradition to go see the Christmas lights. Then looking down on the city lights from the hill as we drove into the city to my grandma's house for Christmas was always so magical to me.
Being in a house full of family. I love a full house! Just being with the people who love me and whom I love. It makes me happy. Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment